Hello, this is a good idea for sure. Merging C1 and CW into a single game with all the remaining active players would be awesome, but I think neither C1 players nor CW players want to leave their favorite game.
Here are some advantages of CW:
- Slightly newer engine. This is probably the biggest advantage of CW. Even though it's still the old messy CryEngine 2 with many flaws.
- Slightly better in-game UI.
- A few extra weapons and vehicles.
- More maps.
And now some disadvantages of CW:
- No wall jump bug. This is no-go for me. I just can't play Crysis without wall jump, and that backported thing on CryServ is just a bad joke.
- No circle jump bug. It actually works only on the unpatched version of C1 (5767 build), but I've finally managed to find the code that Crytek added to fix it, so we are going to revive this wonderful thing.
- Boring gameplay. This is just my personal opinion, but I find CW gameplay quite boring for some reason. It looks like they tried to make it more beginner-friendly. For example, weapons do more damage, fists are quite useless, cloak is more powerful, etc.
- C1 contains both singleplayer and multiplayer, while CW has only very similar multiplayer. Why do I need to get additional 6-7 gigabytes to play almost the same game without singleplayer? Also, CW is now officially dead because of the GameSpy shutdown, while C1 is still being sold on GOG and Steam (and also on Origin, but that's piece of trash). CW can only be obtained from the GOG version of Warhead, or by using that free "trial version".
Unfortunately, the whole Crysis franchise is mainly about singleplayer, so using C1 makes more sense, because you get everything in a single package. That's why I think we should stay here on C1 and only add some useful CW features, but you want the opposite, right? As you can see, there's no easy solution. :)