Please follow those easy steps to download, install the client and play.
To avoid issues, make sure that you have VC++2010 installed, otherwise download it from Microsoft
Basics installation and entering servers from in-game servers list
- 1. Download CryMP client.
- 2. Click to run the installer.
- 3. Select the path to the folder where your Crysis is located.
- 4. After installation is complete, new shortcut "Crysis-Multiplayer" will appear on your desktop, you can use it to launch the game.
- 5. To get server-list in game, go to"Menu" / "Multiplayer" / "Internet game". Servers list will show up. (you can use "~" and "serv" also)
- 6. To join one of the servers, type ID of it to console, (example: 1,5,3,12) and press "enter".
- 7. After that you should get automatically connected to the server.
- 8. If server contains custom map autodownloader will automatically download, install the map and start server for you.
- 9. In case you are experiencing problems with custom maps = "Admin Approval Mode" is ON in your Win - check how to fix it.
- 10. While problems with game crashing right after launch - please check instructions how to solve problems.
Joining the game directly from www servers list
- 1. To starty right from www - go to servers list.
- 2. Find version of the game (5767/6156) you want to play, pick server and click "Join" button.
- 3. Choose folder where your desired version of Crysis is and click it.
- 4. Game will start and you will be connected to chosen server in no time.
- 5. If server contains custom map autodownloader will install it and let you on server.
- 6. If you are experiencing downloader issues because of Admin Approval Mode in your system. Use in-game servers list instead of www.
Logging-in with your unique ID (you don't need it to play. It's just for global statistics)If you have your unique ID from CryMP.net network, you might want to log-in with it in-game, here is how to do it:
- Open the servers list (~) in game and type: login name password
Permanent logging-in with your unique ID (for more advanced users only)You can also log-in permanently, that means, that each time you launch the game, you will already be logged in:
- 1. Go to folder of your game (e.g. C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis)
- 2. Go to folder "Game" inside your Crysis folder.
- 3. Look for "autoexec.cfg" file, if it doesn't exist, simply create one in Notepad and save it as "autoexec.cfg" to Game folder
- 4. Write simple_login name/e-mail password to the file
- 5. Alternatively, if you don't like writing your password to public file, go to your profile (you must be logged-in).
See API keys and copy "secu_login" line to the "autoexec.cfg" file.
- 6. Save the file and launch the game from given shortcut on desktop, you should be logged-in.
If you don't know what does it mean to use glitches and unique skills and what is not hacking.Many new players are not aware of all that Crysis MP gives us - sometimes they report some glitches and skills as hacking.
Some even leave the game because they see players "flying around" and "jumping too high" which looks crazy for new player.
There is always on line special server called " [FP] Jump and Fly School" for those who want to train jumping in frendly atmosphere.
Here are 3 old (2012) but HQ tutorials showing what "Wall-Jumping" exactly is, how easy you can learn this skill - and what's "C-J / Flying" (Crysis 5767) - with places to practice your flights.
Wall-Jumping for beginners - from 2 perspectives - by Freebo
Jumping on basic IA maps - by Freebo
How and where to start CJ - shown from 2 perspectives - by Freebo
Here are 3 new (2016), very detailed tutorials with voiceover commentary
about: Infantry Fighting, "Wall-Jumping" and "Circle-Jumping".
New, detailed WJ tutorial with voice commentary - by Youda008.
New, detailed CJ tutorial with voice commentary - by Youda008.
How to fight on IA and PS maps, how develope great aiming skills - by Youda008.